Shrimp and Watermelon Ceviche
Submitted by: Chef Sam Dickey, The Granite Cafe -Austin, TX
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1.5 c 16-20 count Wild Caught Texas shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 c fresh lime juice
- 20 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 3 serrano peppers, minced
- 1 Texas red onion, diced small
- 2 bunches Texas cilantro, cleaned, stemmed and chopped
- 1 Texas watermelon
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Lime wedges for garnish
To cook, chop shrimp to 1/2 inch thick. Combine shrimp and 1.5 cups fresh lime juice and place in refrigerator for 24 to 36 hours until shrimp is no longer opaque. Drain, rinse and reserve.
For the pico, mix roma tomatoes, serrano peppers, red onion, cilantro, 2 tbsp lime juice, kosher salt and black pepper to combine. Dice 1.5 cups watermelon to 1/2 inch and set aside.
To assemble, mix 1.5 cups shrimp, 1.5 cups watermelon, 1.5 cups pico and 2 tbsp lime juice. Place in serving dish. Garnish with lime wedges and serve with chips.
- North Carolina Fisheries Association Press Release
- LOUISIANA Town Hall Meetings in 2014
- New subsea cables in Florida