Why the SSA needs you
Government officials, regulatory bodies, and the media look to the SSA to understand the U.S. wild-caught shrimp industry’s opinion on issues that affect your way of life. A robust and representative membership allows the SSA to speak on behalf of the industry with a strong, united voice. By joining the SSA, you provide support for your industry and enhance its influence in both the national and international arenas.
Benefits to you
In addition to creating a single, strong voice for shrimp harvesters and processors before Congress, the Executive Branch and Administrative offices, your financial support and membership in the Alliance provides you with access to information and influence over decisions that affect your business on a daily basis. You will receive:
- A newsletter and breaking news delivered directly to you via e-mail (or mail if necessary) that highlight issues facing the U.S. shrimp industry and affect the prices received for our products;
- Increased access to decision makers. SSA members have had the opportunity to meet directly with U.S. Senators, Congressmen, Department of Commerce officials, Customs Border Protection officials, and other key influencers;
- Voting privileges for your state representatives on the SSA Board of Directors;
- An opportunity to participate in development of legal, legislative, regulatory, and communications strategies that will influence the future of the U.S. shrimp fishery and your business;
- Leadership opportunities to serve on the SSA Board of Directors;
- Services, such as legal, political, and public relations, otherwise not available to most individual harvesters and processors.
The Southern Shrimp Alliance needs your support and full participation in order to achieve a truly fair and preferred market for American shrimp products.